In an environmentally friendly approach, our Brands provide a range of original parts from the circular economy.
What is the Circular Economy at PSA?
Whatever the workshop in the world, Peugeot, DS Automobiles, Citroën, Opel, or Vauxhall, our customers can benefit from parts from the circular economy.
We are talking about renovated parts.
The Circular Economy offers 3 types of products
These are original parts, in good condition, that are recovered from vehicles no longer in use.
These parts are identified, traced, referenced, and made available in an online catalogue accessible to repairers in our network. These parts are used to repair old vehicles and include body parts (bodywork, bumper, mirrors, and lights)
For example, if you wish to repair your radio that no longer works, your repairer will send it to our partner, Clarion, and you will pick it up once the repair work has been carried out.
STANDARD EXCHANGE PARTS
These are original parts no longer in use on a vehicle recovered by your repairer. They are sent to the manufacturer who restores them in accordance with the specifications for equivalent new parts. You are free to have a standard exchange part fitted on your vehicle: at present, they are mechanical parts, but in the future, electronic parts will also be offered.
In the event of an unforeseen incident, the Brand offers you a range of very reliable solutions with Standard Exchange parts so that your vehicle can be repaired under the most reliable and cost-effective conditions.
The “3R” of this booming circular economy:
- Re-use parts: Reuse
- Repair: Repair
- Re-manufacturing: Reman
A LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR STANDARD EXCHANGE PARTS
“Standard Exchange ” refurbishment is defined by a legal framework that includes reconditioning with the exchange of wear parts and/or their replacement with original components or components approved by the manufacturer.
CAR MANUFACTURER’S REQUIREMENT AT THE HEART OF THE CONCEPT OF CIRCULAR ECONOMY
- The renovation of products is carried out on used parts from regular collections in the Brand network, within the framework of the SECOIA (Service ÉCOlogique pour l’Industrie Automobile – Ecological Service for the Automotive Industry) programme. Only used parts that are of authentic Brand origin are retained for the renovation.
- After assessment, the parts are sorted, analysed, cleaned, and checked for repair. Depending on the case and part family, certain components are reused after assessment, refurbished if possible, or even replaced with new components.
- Renovated and approved in accordance with the manufacturer’s standards, they are offered to the general public with the same manufacturer warranty as new parts.
TRACEABILITY OF AUTOMOTIVE PARTS
All Brand Standard Exchange parts are indelibly marked to certify that the renovation process was meticulously monitored and that they were subject to manufacturer tests.
Let’s see the circuit of a renovated part, or re-manufactured in other words
The example of an Engine
- The repairer removes the engine from his customer’s car. It’s called a core, and will be put in a box collected by the Distrigo hub.
- The core is then sent to the sorting site of Vesoul for renovation.
- The engine is cleaned and dismantled. The components for renovation then go to the refurbishment plant, and the out of order components go into recycling. Nothing is thrown away.
Let’s continue to follow our engine to renovate in the refurbishment workshop.
- The manufacturer reconditions it according to the specifications of the equivalent new engine. Used part components are replaced by new components.
- Once remanufactured, the engine is tested by the manufacturer. It must absolutely have the same qualities as the original engine.
Thanks to circular economy, a remanufactured part helps preserve the environment
The renovation of our engine has saved up to 80 percent of material and consumed up to 50 percent less energy compared to the production of the same new engine.
It can finally be put back into the distribution circuit and proposed to a customer.
The circular economy offers clever solutions to customers and allows them to save up to 50 percent and maintain the resale value of their vehicle all while preserving the environment.