At the end of 2015, Groupe PSA undertook an unprecedented initiative to offer its customers better information on the consumption of its vehicles in real use.
Groupe PSA is the only manufacturer to have initiated a unique and scientific approach in order to guarantee reliable information to its customers. This initiative has been deployed in collaboration with two leading NGOs T&E, Transport and Environment, and FNE, France Nature Environnement – committed to the environment and sustainable mobility and a certification body, Bureau Veritas.
The measurements were made within the framework of a protocol, robust and reproducible, validated by T&E and FNE. Bureau Veritas organization has checked and certified their compliance.
Inspired by the European Real Driving Emission (RDE) procedure, the protocol measures fuel consumption in real conditions on open roads thanks to a portable equipment installed on the vehicle (PEMS)
Since the end of 2015:
- A team of 8 full-time staff dedicated to the development of the Protocol and the implementation of the measures
- A budget of more than 1M €
- 6 months of protocol development
- More than 525 measurements made on nearly 70 models
- 50,000 km traveled on open roads and 3,000 km on test benches.
- The consumption values of more than 1000 VP versions published on the brand’s website: Peugeot, Citroën and DS.
- A configurator available on the brands websites to allow customers to estimate the consumption of their vehicle according to their uses.
8 February, 2018: The test protocol introduced by Groupe PSA to provide precise, accurate information to its Peugeot, Citroën and DS customers has just won Europe’s ECOBEST 2017 award for the relevance of its project.