New C5 AIRCROSS SUV Hybrid: Ë-COMFORT Class SUV
- Already offering outstanding comfort, with its suspension with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions®, its Advanced Comfort seats and its 20 driver assistance systems, C5 Aircross SUV enters yet another new phase in the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme with this plug-in hybrid offering.
- UNCOMPROMISING: an inspired by customers’ uses driving, zero CO2 emissions on a daily basis in 100% electric mode (50 kmi range) and unlimited range for long trips thanks to the petrol engine.
- SILENCE: a calm and peaceful journey in electric mode in this Silent Urban Vehicle, in a subdued atmosphere without noise, jolts or vibrations.
- HIGH-END DRIVING EXPERIENCE: electrifying performance thanks to the combination of a PureTech 180 hp petrol engine, an 80 kW electric engine and an ë-EAT8 automatic gearbox, delivering 225 hp of accumulated power and instantly available torque of 320 Nm.
- INTUITIVE: a complete ecosystem, intuitive and user-friendly, including automatic control of driving modes, easy charging and a dedicated smart services portal.
- With its outstanding modularity, New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid is the most modular on its segment:
3 individual rear seats, sliding, tilting and foldable, Best in Class cargo volume.
- Offering a range of 50 kmi in electric mode, CO2 emissions of 39 g/kmi and consumption of 1.7 L/100 kmi in WLTP cycle, New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid represents a new phase in Citroën’s energy transition strategy as it offers a plug-in hybrid engine combining technology and competitive cost of use.
- Manufactured in France at the Rennes – La Janais plant, alongside the ICE versions already sold to the tune of 80,000 orders, New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid is available to order in France starting at €39,950. The first deliveries will take place at the end of the first half of 2020.
i Estimated data, provided for information purposes only and subject to approval (WLTP test cycle). Definitive data will be communicated before end of December 2019.
LAUNCHER OF CITROËN’S ELECTRIC OFFENSIVE
New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid is the first step in Citroën’s electrification offensive, which aims to provide an electrified offering on its entire range by 2025. The year 2020 will see Citroën transition to an extended range, which will be enhanced by 100% electric offers and plug-in hybrid offers, in addition to powerful internal combustion engines. Starting with New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid, all the new models launched by the Brand will feature an electrified version, a proof of Citroën’s commitment to the energy transition that aims to propose offers inspired by customer uses to as many users as possible, in the core market, in each segment and on each market.
THE ULTIMATE COMFORT EXPERIENCE OFFERED TO AS MANY USERS AS POSSIBLE
All the appeal of an SUV with a unique personality, modern and high-tech, which is entering a new phase in the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme with this plug-in hybrid version:
- VERSATILITY OF USE
Embodying the high end of the Citroën range, New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid offers an extended mobility experience for true versatility of use. The pleasure of driving in electric mode suited to daily trips, stress-free with 50 kmi range (WLTP cycle), facilitating access to restricted urban areas, combined with freedom of driving in petrol engine mode at all times, for longer trips.
- TRAVELLING IN Ë-COMFORT CLASS
New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid, a Silent Urban Vehicle able to run in silence without vibrations on daily trips, offers exceptional comfort on-board, strengthening the insulation provided by the acoustic laminated front windows, the suspension with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions® and Advanced Comfort seats, thus recreating the flying carpet effect typical of the older Citroën models.
All the comfort and fluidity of electric driving with high torque of 320 Nm instantly available and the linearity of acceleration associated with the ë-EAT8 electrified automatic gearbox. With combined power of 225 hp (180 hp petrol engine, 80 kW electric engine), New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid offers high-flying dynamic performance for enhanced driving pleasure.
In its plug-in hybrid version, C5 Aircross SUV is still Best in Class in terms of modularity thanks to the clever storage of the high-voltage battery under the rear seats. 3 individual same-width rear seats, sliding, removable and tilting, as well as a cargo volume that varies between 460 L and 600 L, a record size for the plug-in hybrid C-SUV segment.
Simple and user-friendly, New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid is a plug-in hybrid designed to facilitate daily life: simplified and programmable fast charging, intuitive and instructional interfaces, dedicated smart services ecosystem for even greater peace of mind.
- THE CORE MARKET
Available starting at €39,950, New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid is in line with Citroën’s strategy of proposing offers adapted to different uses in the core market.