Becoming a Peugeot SA shareholder means becoming a partner to Europe’s second largest automobile manufacturer. As a co-owner of the Company alongside the other shareholders, you play an important role in our performance and benefit from a number of advantages. These include access to PSA Peugeot Citroën news, the ability to vote at Annual Meetings and a share in the Company’s profits.
Two types of share ownership
There are two ways of holding shares: either as registered shares or as bearer shares.
When you own bearer shares, your name is not listed in the Company’s share register. That said, your shares are not completely anonymous as they are listed in the account managed by your bank or broker.
When you own registered shares, your name is listed in the Company’s share register, making it much easier for us to communicate with you. Registered shares come in two forms:
- Registered shares recorded in the register kept by your bank or broker (known as “nominatif administré” in French). In this case, your bank or broker manages your share account and charges you for the service.
- Registered shares recorded solely and directly in the Company’s share register (known as “nominatif pur”) in French. In this case, the Company (or its representative) manages your account and you do not pay any custody fees.
How to buy Peugeot SA shares
To buy Peugeot SA shares, you need to have an account with either:
- A bank or broker, for bearer shares or registered shares recorded in the register kept by your bank or broker;
- Société Générale Securities Services, Peugeot SA registrar, for registered shares recorded directly in the Company’ share register.
Société Générale Securities Services
32 rue du champ de tir- BP81236
44312 Nantes CEDEX 03
Phone: +33 (0)2 51 85 67 89 (standard rate number, billed according to your service contract and the country from which you are calling).
Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 62 15
You may also reach us toll free at 0 800 424 091
The advantages of holding registered shares
- All PSA Peugeot Citroën information, including the letter to shareholders, is sent directly to your address.
- A personal invitation to all PSA Peugeot Citroën Annual Meetings is sent directly to your address.
- You pay no custody fees or general management fees for registered shares recorded directly in the Company’s share register.
- You benefit from reduced brokerage fees.
- You are entitled to double voting rights after holding registered shares in your name for at least four consecutive years.
Converting your shares into registered shares recorded directly in the Company’s share register
To convert your Peugeot SA shares into registered shares recorded directly in the Company’s share register, simply send written instructions to your bank or broker*, who will take the necessary steps* with Société Générale, Peugeot SA’s registrar.
To facilitate the process, download the share transfer form here
Once your request has been received, Société Générale Securities Services will send you a certificate and become your direct contact.
* Your bank or broker may charge a fee for this service.